History

Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) purchased East Tennessee Light and Power Company from Cities Service Power and Light Company in December 1944. On March 30, 1945, the Greeneville Board of Mayor and Alderman agreed to purchase East Tennessee Light and Power Company, thus creating the Greeneville Light & Power System , a Municipal Power Distributor. Greeneville Light & Power System began providing electricity to Greene County, Tennessee in 1945. By the 1950's, the convenience of electricity had been extended into our rural areas. Having completed 60 years of service in 2005, Greeneville Light & Power System is noted for providing reliable service, with some of the lowest rates in the Southeast USA/region. Greeneville Light & Power System has also been a significant player in bringing industry to Greene County, Tennessee.

Outage Map

OMS

Follow GLPS

  facebookfacebook

Contact Us

Greeneville Light & Power
110 N. College Street
Greeneville, TN 37743
Office: 423-636-6200
Emergency: 423-636-6202