Employment Opportunities at Greeneville Light & Power
Greeneville Light & Power System (GL&PS) recognizes that the men and women who work here are the foundation of the success of our operations. Their efforts provide safe and reliable electric power services to the citizens of Greeneville and Greene County Tennessee. GL&PS offers those dedicated employees a fair package of pay and benefits in a safe and stable work environment.
While there is limited turnover at GL&PS, job opportunities occasionally do arise. When that occurs, current job openings will be listed below. Each job listing will contain candidate qualifications and application instructions.
Please note that GL&PS does not accept resumes or applications unless there is a current opening. Also be advised that we do not maintain files of unsolicited resumes or applications. GL&PS is an equal opportunity employer.
Currently there are no positions available.
Greeneville Light & Power System
Job Vacancy Notification
Department: Customer Service/Cashier Date: August 19, 2019
Position Job Title: Customer Service Representative/Cashier
Pay Range: Per Experience
Title of Supervisor: Office Manager
- Provide services to customers by telephone and in person
- Advise customers how to obtain services to new accounts
- Achieve knowledge of all types of service orders
- Turn on and shut off of existing accounts, all aspects of orders for security lights
- Handle customer complaints and payment arrangement
- Must acquire knowledge of permit preparation (electrical, heat pumps, etc.)
- Prepare bank deposits
- Cash receipts on electric accounts
- Receipt balancing (daily, cash drawer, cashier, etc.)
- Journal entries and balancing
- Administration of bad debts
- Preparation of disconnects for non-payment, return checks processing
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualification:
- Must be able to communicate and interact well with fellow employees and public
- Must be computer literate
- Must have experience with calculator
- High School diploma or GED
Please complete the application and mail to Attention Human Resource department at P. O. Box 1690 Greeneville, TN 37744.